Like most website operators, SimpleCrew collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. SimpleCrew’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how SimpleCrew’s visitors use its website. From time to time, SimpleCrew may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
to contact and communicate with you
- For a more enhanced support experience
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms
- To offer additional benefits to you
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
to consider your employment application.
Personal Information Gathered
- Your name
- Your contact details, including email
- Company and/or employer data
- Profile photo
- Photos uploaded
- Photo meta data including: GPS location, time taken, make, model and software of device
- Self-submitted information such as how you found us
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of the United States; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses.
Please note that we use the following third parties to process your personal information:
- Google Analytics
By providing us with personal information, if you are an individual located in the EEA, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside the EEA.
SimpleCrew may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites and conversion tracking. SimpleCrew may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, SimpleCrew does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
If SimpleCrew, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that SimpleCrew goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of SimpleCrew may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
- You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, email [email protected]
- EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How Long We Keep Information
Many customers use SimpleCrew various times throughout the year. When a company owner suspends a subscription, we securely maintain their data so they may come back and pick up where they left off. If you would like your data to be deleted upon cancelling a subscription, you may send an email request at [email protected]
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is an EU Regulation to improve the protection of the personal data of EU citizens and increase the obligations of organisations who collect or process personal data. These new regulations take effect on the 25th of May 2018. The regulations greatly enhance the data privacy and security of our customers and extend to them exercisable rights enabling greater control over one’s personally identifiable information.
The full specification of the GDPR rights and regulations can be found here
SimpleCrew LLC functions as a controller and processor of our customers’ personally identifiable information (PII). Additionally, we employ a number of sub-processors to which we transmit data for storage or processing beyond feature sets under our immediate control.
As a controller of data, we store PII as mentioned above in the “Personal Information Gathered” section. We use databases and services through GDPR compliant service providers (AWS, mLab, mixpanel) to store sensitive customer data.